27th Annual Conference – Tradition & Innovation: Informing Today’s HIV Care
CANAC’s 27th Annual Conference, Tradition and Innovation: Informing Today’s HIV Care, is set for April 25-27, 2019 in London, Ontario.
This year’s conference program will focus on informing and updating issues in HIV care today along with a pre-conference day on how London strategized and collaborated in the midst of an unprecedented HIV and Hep C crisis. The program will include presentations on HIV & Aging, Women & HIV, policy development and advocacy.
We hope you can join us!
Preliminary Program now available!
Registration & Hotel
Conference Plenary Speakers
We are pleased to announce the plenary speakers for CANAC’s 27th Annual Conference in London, ON.
Pre-Conference Plenaries (Thursday April 25):
- Dr. Michael Silverman – “HIV Prevention and Cook Your Wash – What the H**l are we Talking About”
- Dr. Andrea Sereda and Sgt. A. Birtch – “Street Involved Sex Workers, A United Model”
Conference Day 1 Plenaries (Friday April 26):
- Carole Truston, RN – “Global Health Policy: Nursing Leadership and Advocacy”
- Dr. Gord Arbess – “It’s Not Fake News: The Golden Years are Here; Living well with HIV for the Long Run”
Conference Day 2 Plenaries (Saturday April 27):
- Dr. M. Loutfy and Logan Kennedy, RN – “Promoting Healthy and Accessible Pregnancy Planning for People and Couples Affected by HIV”
- Dr. Marilou Gagnon, RN – “Harm Reduction Nursing in Canada: Recent Development and Opportunities”