29th Annual Conference – Virtual
CANAC’s 29th Conference will be held virtually from May 14th to 16th, 2021 from the comfort, and familiarity, of your computer chair!
The conference is titled “ Advocate Inspire Change.” which we believe continues to capture the ethos of this tumultuous year. Our conference program will focus on informing and updating issues in HIV care today. Our pre-conference day will highlight harm reduction initiatives in acute care and community settings, and be cohosted by the Harm Reduction Nurses Association (HRNA) and Alberta Nurses Coalition for Harm Reduction (ANCHR).
Conference Registration – now open!
- Non-CANAC Member $175
- CANAC Member $120
- Student $75 (Proof of student status is required to access this rate and can be either a copy of your student ID or a letter from your institution’s Registrar verifying student status. Please email us at email@example.com with your proof after you registered)
Our conference agenda is now live. Please click here to see what is planned for conference attendees!
This year, a number of scholarships are offered to help people with lived experience to attend the conference. These grants will cover the registration fee of successful applicants. If you are a person with lived experience who has direct experience with HIV and/or substance use and are interested in attending the conference, please write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What can I expect at the conference?
We are pleased to offer our conference attendees an incredible selection of:
- interactive workshops hosted by a national cohort of our peers from various fields related to harm reduction and HIV
- oral presentations that can be viewed during and after the conference
- plenary speakers from across Canada with a variety of advocacy experiences
- and opportunities for informal conversations with peers working in similar fields related to harm reduction and HIV care.
CANAC Gala – May 15th
We will be hosting our annual CANAC gala on May 15th from 3:00-5:00PM MST!
- Our gala event will include an awards ceremony, live music by Lindsey Walker, and a virtual social event by Outback Team Building and Training.
- The fees to attend and participate in all gala activities are built into registration costs. To confirm numbers, an RSVP will be required prior to attendance of the gala.
CANAC wishes to thank our returning sponsors and advertisers for their continued support and look forward to welcoming our new sponsors.
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, please email: email@example.com
This year’s sponsors
Call for Abstracts and Workshops is now closed
We wish to thank everyone who has submitted an abstract to our upcoming virtual event.